Call For Book Submissions
We are accepting submissions on a rolling basis for academic manuscripts, critical theory and innovative texts, including essays or collections of essays, that investigate art and its many disciplines.
General Book Proposal Guidelines for Authors
• Please keep to the following guidelines for all proposal submissions.
• Please provide two sample chapters with completed proposal.
• Proposals are not to exceed 6 pages.
The AC Institute will review all proposals within a reasonable period of time and notify author of rejection or acceptance pending the fulfillment of the following guidelines and contracts.
If accepted, the AC Institute will publish the title, which will be available for purchase at Amazon.com. Some texts may also be picked up for larger distribution.
Submissions may be mailed (include a stamped and addressed return envelope) to:
Attn: Book Proposal
547 W. 27th St. #210
New York, NY 10001
Alternatively, please submit any electronic proposals to:
Subject: Book Proposal
Since 2009 the AC Institute has been publishing catalogs and experimental critiques and unique edited volumes. Through our imprint, AC Books, we now have select titles distributed by R.A.M publications + distribution.
The AC Institute’s mission is to advance the understanding of the arts through investigation, research and education. It is a lab and forum for experimentation and critical discussion. We support and develop projects that explore a performative exchange across visual, sonic, verbal and experiential disciplines.
We encourage critical writing that challenges conventional expectations of meaning and objectivity as well as the boundaries between the rational and subjective.
The AC Institute is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization under the leadership of artist/critic/curator and Director, Holly Crawford, Ph.D. For more information visit www.artcurrents.org
Submitting Your Proposal
1. The Proposed Manuscript
• Working title and subtitle:
• Estimated length (word count) including references and bibliography:
• Please include a Table of Contents
• Has any material included in the manuscript been previously published? If yes, please provide details.
• Do you plan on including any image reproductions, photographs, illustrations, tables, charts, graphs, interviews*? If yes, how many?
• Is this an edited collection of works? If yes, please provide the names and affiliations of all participants?
• Estimated delivery date of completed, fully reviewed manuscript?**
• Please provide a brief summary of your manuscript’s content and themes.
• List each chapter title and include a brief description of each chapter including proposed length and number of reproductions/graphics.
*Please keep in mind that the author is responsible for obtaining any and all permissions from copyright holders and must provide publisher with copies of said permissions.
**Final submission of manuscript must be done electronically, double spaced and fully edited.
2. The Author
• Please attach a current CV listing academic/professionally related experience and any previously published titles
• Please provide three referees, names and titles, who can evaluate the need for and strength of the proposal
• Author’s Contact Info: